Last year, I was awarded the Liebster Award by my fellow blogger-friend Aalif of http://superaalifragilistic.wordpress.com/
Thank you Aalif for the award and I’m excited to FINALLY post about it!!
- 1. List random facts about yourself
- 2. Answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- 3. Create 11 new questions
- 4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your choice for the Liebster Award
- 5. Tell the person who nominated you, along with the bloggers whom you’ve nominated
Here we go!
MY RANDO FACTS:
- I have no middle name
- I’ve lived in India more than the US for the last two years
- I still think my old Blackberry was the best phone ever.
- I am superstitious
- I prefer savory to sweet
- I don’t know how to pump gas (I blame a New Jersey upbringing for this)
MY ANSWERS TO AALIF’S QUESTIONS:
- What is your favorite movie which as a spiritual theme or message? – Meet Joe Black, starring Sir Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt
- Which book has influenced your life the most? –No one book in particular. I recently enjoyed reading ‘Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls’ by David Sedaris. I love his simple writing style and biting sarcasm.
- Is there any current line/mantra that works for you whenever you remember it? Life is short. Live it well.
- A childhood friend/lover who you wished you knew where they were now? –Brittney Shells. She moved away in 2nd grade and I always enjoyed playing with her hair clips.
- One quality you wished you had more of? –Rigidity
- Your single most favorite blog post ever? –Probably the piece I recently wrote on graffiti: http://homegrown.co.in/tracing-tyler-surveilling-the-works-of-mumbais-most-notorious-anonymous-grafitti-artist/ It was incredibly fun to write and explore street art in Mumbai!
- The spiritual teacher who has inspired you the most? -I learned a lot from Swami Rama’s books. I’ve stayed at the Himalayan Institute and I like his spiritual philosophies. I believe you can take inspiration from anything/everywhere so it doesn’t have to be one person (or spiritual leader) that does it for you.
- Your escapist fantasy life looks like..? –The Great Gatsby
- The one addiction you wish you could get rid of? –Biting my nails
- On your last day on earth you would..? –Spend it with family on the beach
- Your favorite city in the world is? –I haven’t been to all the cities in the world, but so far I’d have to say New York, baby.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Share a link to your favorite post. Why is it your favorite?
- How do you deal with writers block?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Dream job?
- The wisest person you ever met?
- What is the worst book you ever read?
- Dogs or cats?
- Most memorable trip?
- Any advice for other bloggers out there?
- Where do you find most of your inspiration?